Monday, January 29, 2007

THOUGHTS ON QU-CCSU

How’s that for an alphabet soup header? Anyways …
I’m here in Hamden for the Quinnipiac-Central Connecticut game, which is also my first chance to see the Bobcats’ new TD Banknorth Sports Center. The venue is very nice, but I’m disappointed to say it’s barely at 50 percent capacity.
I would have expected more. Still, this place has the potential to get loud based on its low roof, so even with empty chairs there’s plenty of atmosphere and noise.
This brings back memories of my senior year at Binghamton when we opened a new building. There was so much excitement surrounding that moment and I’m sure it’s been a similar feeling here at Quinnipiac.

As for the game, Central is up 17-6 midway through the first half. Can’t say I’m too surprised by the score.
Even though both schools entered on six-game winning streaks, the NEC-leading Blue Devils are the more talented team.
That being said, in the process of me writing this post Quinnipiac has cut the deficit to 17-12 at the under-eight minute timeout.

Lastly, glad to see the student section is embracing the new place by acting like so many other campuses. The first of what figures to many chants of “Bull S…” just rang out.
I wish students, in general, could show a little more creativity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home